There are many things you can do to delay the buildup of plaque on your pet’s teeth. None of these treatments remove the tartar (mineralized) that is already present. All therapies work better on a clean slate. Dental disease is a preventable disease, but the unseen nature and training of the pet to accept adequate home care make prevention less common in our pets.
- The best home care is what you are able to DO.
- The more of the choices you use, the better the result.
- Use only VOHC or CET products as most others are just marketing.
- Plaque forms tartar in 48 hrs, so home care needs to be done daily or every other day to be effective. Pets with less frequent home care showed results equal to pets receiving no home care.
- There is a known link between lack of oral health and systemic inflammatory processes, thus pets with good oral care have healthier lives with less or better controlled diseases.
Use a combination of all categories to have the best approach for home dental care.
Brushing can be easier than you think. About a minute a day is all it takes! Watch how it can be fun.
The Veterinary Team CE button needs to go to a page that is similar to the center part of the file located at dental printing>life learn> referral form back.pdf
Improving the mouth is improving patients’ quality and quantity of life. We are here to help you do more dentistry in your practice. Ask us about webinars (CE available) for your general practice:
• Importance of Dental Radiology
• Dentistry in the Exam Room
• Technician Dental Prophylaxis
• Local Blocks
• Interpretation of Dental Radiographs
• Fear Free Dentistry
• Dental Anesthesia and Pain Management
• Dental Home Care
• Oral Tumors
Request your own CE through the form or Invite Animal Dentistry Referral Services into your practice.
SELECT A DAY IN YOUR OFFICE
Schedule 2+ patients on the same day in your practice. Select an available day to have advanced dentistry in your practice: https://calendly.com/adrs
CHOOSE TO VISIT OR REFER TO US
For a single patient or a patient that would benefit from 3D imaging (microCT with higher definition), it is optimum to come directly to Animal Dentistry Referral Services, located within Family Pet Veterinary Center Norwalk.
Unless specifically requested by the referring veterinarian, patients will only receive oral and dental care.